Saturday, November 9, 2013

Day 9, Thankfulness

Today I'm thankful for my daughter and granddaughters, and the chance to spend time together. I'm wishing my sweet daughter-in-love and other two granddaughters were here with us. It's baking day. Spending time together in the kitchen is such joy!


Right now, the girls have all gone to the gym for a quick workout. I'm sitting by the fireplace in my daughter Laura's house, having a cup of Chai latte and waiting for the oven timer. The peach crisp, from this year's crop of Green Bluff's peaches that I'd frozen and brought along in the motorhome, is baking. I have to admit, it's easier to cook in Laura's kitchen, even with three of us working. 



With working full time, fixing good meals gets difficult, so Laura tries to cook up a month's worth of main dishes at a time. Today we made chicken divan, chicken and rice casseroles, chicken pot pies and burritos. They are packaged, labeled and stacked in the refrigerator, ready for the freezer.


Then for quick snacks, there's pizza crescents. Cheese and pepperoni rolled in crescent rolls. Looks yummy enough to eat!


Spending time with teenaged girls is always a treat. They showed me hilarious You Tube videos. What Does the Fox Say, and It's a Dad's Life. Now I'm "in the know." It's nice to be able to understand when they giggle at those "inside jokes." I also got a full preview of the prom dress wish list. So fun! Now that all my kids and granddaughters live so far away, I feel extra blessed to be able to share these moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment