Sunday, November 3, 2013

Thirty Days of Thanksgiving

Day Three: I'm grateful for so many things, but forget to be thankful. I saw someone else post 30 days of Thanksgiving, so I decided to do the same.

Today, the third day of November, and the second day of our trip, I am thankful for a country where we can travel freely state to state, and for diesel costing less than $4 a gallon (however temporary). I am  thankful for RV parks with electricity to hook up to, even if the trucks parked in the next lot in back of the truck stop ran their generators all night, and the trains ran hourly across the interstate, which is only a stone's throw away.

Jim didn't believe me, but I swear the bed vibrated all night from the rumble of the generators. I'm very sensitive that way, like the Princess and the Pea. A reminder that truck drivers have to sleep too, but they spend their days transporting our food and clothing, our fuel and automobiles and every imaginable necessity and convenience from factories to stores, also for our convenience. I'm happy to share the roads with them. One more thing to be thankful for.



It was dark when we pulled in last night, but finding the Pilot RV Park was no problem. Just turn into the Pilot Gas Station and go past the McDonalds. With their bright signs, we couldn't miss it.

Those thoughts and the gentle background hum lulled me to sleep.

Here are my previous posts, Day One and Day Two, just to keep them all together.

Day Two: I'm thankful that in spite of the PC crowd trying to take Christ out of Christmas, the tree from our forest is still officially the Capitol Christmas Tree.










Day One: Love the 30 Days of Thankfulness idea. I'm thankful for living in a small town in the amazing Northwest, where everyone you know gathers to celebrate the cutting of the Capitol Christmas Tree, that will bring joy to multitudes of people.https://www.facebook.com/capitolchristmastree2013










No comments:

Post a Comment